Fountain Hills is well known for its colorful local festivals and celebrations.
Fountain Hills possesses 12,000 acres of gently rolling hills of desert and is totally enveloped by the McDowell Mountain Sonoran desert, and reservation land. The McDowell County Park is to the north.
Single-family homes and townhouses are the prevailing housing selection. Very unique home elevations throughout this quaint town.
Fountain Hills provides a genuine community atmosphere to a pleasing blend of retirees, young professionals, executives, and young families. In keeping with its name, the town claims the distinguishing feature of the world’s highest municipal fountain with the water reaching up to almost 600 feet.
Chiefly residential in character, Fountain Hills continually monitors and limits the growth of industrial and commercial enterprise to conserve its small-village feeling and neighborly atmosphere.
Fountain Hills homes for sale can be viewed and purchased by utilizing Johnny D for those services. Call Johnny D today!
Fountain Hills Homes $400,000 – $500,000
Fountain Hills Homes $500,000 – $600,000
Fountain Hills Homes $600,000 – $700,000
Fountain Hills Homes $700,000 – $800,000
Fountain Hills Homes $800,000 – $900,000
Fountain Hills Homes $900,000 – $1,000,000
Fountain Hills Homes $1,000,000 – $1,500,000
Fountain Hills Homes $1,500,000 – $2,000,000
Fountain Hills Homes $2,000,000 – $2,500,000
Fountain Hills Homes $2,500,000 – $3,000,000
Fountain Hills Homes $3,000,000 – $3,500,000
Fountain Hills Homes $3,500,000 – $4,000,000
Fountain Hills Homes $4,000,000 – $4,500,000
Fountain Hills Homes $4,500,000 – $5,000,000
Fountain Hills Homes Over $5,000,000
Fountain Hills With Pool $400,000 – $600,000
Fountain Hills With Pool $600,000 – $800,000
Fountain Hills With Pool $800,000 – $1,000,000
Fountain Hills With Pool $1,000,000 – $1,200,000
Fountain Hills With Pool $1,200,000 – $1,400,000
Fountain Hills With Pool $1,400,000 – $1,600,000
Fountain Hills With Pool $1,600,000 – $1,800,000
Fountain Hills With Pool $1,800,000 – $2,000,000
Fountain Hills With Pool $2,000,000 – $2,500,000
Fountain Hills With Pool $2,500,000 – $3,000,000
Fountain Hills With Pool $3,000,000 – $4,000,000
Fountain Hills With Pool $4,000,000 – $5,000,000
Fountain Hills With Pool Over $5,000,000
Fountain Hills Homes With Basement
Fountain Hills Homes With Green Features
Fountain Hills Homes Guest House/Casita
Fountain Hills Homes With 3+ Car Garage
Fountain Hills Homes RV Parking/RV Garage
Fountain Hills Homes Adult Communities
Fountain Hills Homes Golf Communities
Fountain Hills Homes Horse Property
Fountain Hills Homes New Construction
Fountain Hills Homes Waterfront
Fountain Hills, Arizona, is a town known for its stunning natural beauty, vibrant community, and of course, its world-famous fountain. This desert gem, nestled between the McDowell Mountains and Scottsdale, has a rich history that tells a tale of vision, innovation, and community spirit.
Fountain Hills was once part of the vast Yavapai nation, a Native American tribe known for their basket-weaving. The first European contact in the area was likely with Spanish explorers in the 16th century. However, it wasn’t until the late 19th and early 20th centuries that the region began to see a significant influx of settlers, primarily miners and ranchers attracted to the potential of the American West.
These tribes were primarily hunter-gatherers, adapting to the diverse landscapes of the region and relying on natural resources for their sustenance. The early inhabitants of the area lived in small settlements and constructed various types of dwellings. The Hohokam built adobe houses, pit houses, and platform mounds.
The modern history of Fountain Hills began in the late 1960s when Robert P. McCulloch, a wealthy businessman, purchased the land. McCulloch envisioned a self-sustaining community that would exist in harmony with the desert environment. He commissioned the famous fountain, which upon completion in 1970, was recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the highest fountain in the world, reaching heights of 560 feet.
In 1989, Fountain Hills was officially incorporated as a town, and since then, it has grown steadily, attracting residents with its natural beauty, high-quality living standards, and sense of community.
Fountain Hills offers a unique blend of attractions. The centerpiece is the eponymous fountain, which operates daily and is a sight to behold.
The Fountain in Fountain Hills reaches its full height of 560 feet on special occasions, while for everyday viewing, it stands at an impressive height of 330 feet. Visitors can marvel at its beauty as it operates every hour on the hour, delighting onlookers for a mesmerizing 15-minute display.
The town also boasts an impressive array of outdoor activities, with numerous hiking trails, golf courses, and parks. Fountain Hills hosts several popular events, including the Fountain Hills Great Fair and the Fountain Hills Music Festival, attracting visitors from all over Arizona and beyond.
While Fountain Hills has grown and evolved over the years, it has maintained its commitment to McCulloch’s original vision of a community living in harmony with the desert. The town continues to focus on sustainable development, ensuring that the unique beauty of the desert is preserved for future generations.
As the residential development progressed, amenities such as golf courses, parks, and shopping centers were added to the community.
Today, Fountain Hills is home to over 25,000 residents and continues to grow and thrive. The town has a diverse mix of residents, including families, retirees, and professionals.
Fountain Hills, Arizona, offers a range of amenities that enhance the quality of life for its residents and provide enjoyable experiences for visitors. Here are some notable amenities in Fountain Hills:
1. Fountain Park: The centerpiece of Fountain Hills, Fountain Park is a 64-acre recreational area surrounding the iconic Fountain. The park features walking paths, picnic areas, and scenic viewpoints where visitors can enjoy the natural beauty of the desert landscape. The park also hosts events and festivals throughout the year, adding vibrancy to the community.
2. Golf Courses: Fountain Hills boasts several golf courses that cater to golf enthusiasts. The Eagle Mountain Golf Club, designed by Scott Miller, offers a challenging and visually stunning course with panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and desert. SunRidge Canyon Golf Club, another esteemed course, features dramatic desert canyons and breathtaking vistas.
3. McDowell Mountain Regional Park: Situated near Fountain Hills, McDowell Mountain Regional Park is a vast outdoor recreational area with over 20,000 acres of pristine desert landscape. The park offers an extensive trail system for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding. Campgrounds, picnic areas, and nature programs are also available for visitors to enjoy.
4. Community Center: The Fountain Hills Community Center provides a wide range of recreational facilities and programs for residents of all ages. It houses a fitness center, indoor basketball courts, a swimming pool, and various multipurpose rooms. The center offers fitness classes, sports leagues, and community events, fostering a sense of connection and well-being.
5. Arts and Culture: Fountain Hills has a thriving arts community, with opportunities to explore and appreciate various forms of artistic expression. The Fountain Hills Theater presents a diverse lineup of live performances, including plays, musicals, and concerts. The town also hosts an annual Fountain Festival of Arts and Crafts, showcasing the work of local and regional artists.
6. Shops and Restaurants: Fountain Hills offers a range of shopping and dining options. The Avenue of the Fountains is a popular destination, featuring boutique shops, art galleries, and restaurants. Residents and visitors can explore unique shops, find local crafts, and savor a variety of culinary delights.
7. Health and Wellness Facilities: The town provides access to healthcare facilities, including medical centers, clinics, and wellness centers. Residents have access to a range of healthcare services, ensuring their well-being and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
These amenities contribute to the overall livability and enjoyment of Fountain Hills, creating a well-rounded community that caters to diverse interests and lifestyles. Whether it’s outdoor recreation, artistic pursuits, or simply enjoying the natural beauty of the surroundings, Fountain Hills offers something for everyone.
Everything you need to maximize your time
and money to reach your desired result.